Saturday, August 13, 2005

My new toy...

So I recently purchased an MP3 player. Which I have to say is one of the best inventions man as come up with. I think it's amazing that I can carry around all of my favorite songs with me right in my pocket! The thing I love the most about it is the entertainment value. I take public transportation to get to work, but my commute isn't long enough to really enjoy a good book. I was getting frustrated because just when it would get to the good part I'd have to put the book away. But with my new toy I can be entertained for my entire commute. I've also noticed how my stride has changed when I'm walking to and from the "L" station. I think I may have cut at least a couple minutes off my walk.
I've set up a playlist which I call "walking" and it has a bunch of upbeat songs on it. I just put in the headphones and off I go.
The other hysterical thing I think is my body language. I don't know what other people are listening to, but my songs are sing along, move your body songs. I find it difficult to keep my city face when I have Aretha wailing Respect in my ears.
I have to say I don't know how I got along without this little thing. I will certainly be sad if it were to be removed from my life.
Well I'm done singing the praises of the MP3 player. Particularly the Zen Micro by Creative. I know shameless plug, but I want to show you what my new toy looks like and I don't think the Creative people would appreciate it if I didn't say it was their work. Plus I think there's some laws inolved or something. I felt the need to share.
Maybe I'll be more angst ridden next time.
For now I'm going to fall asleep to the soothing sounds of Enya.

This thing is great!!! (Mine is Dark Blue though, a much better color in my humble opinion)


My new toy!!! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home