Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summer Musings

As the days get longer and warmer I find myself drawn more and more to the out doors. It's sort of depressing that my job keeps me inside so much. I find it so hard to stay focused on the task at hand. I just want to be outside enjoying the weather. It doesn't help that I live really close to Wrigley Field. Quite often I walk past the stadium on my way to work and envy those people that are able to play hooky in the middle of a work week. Not so much because I'm a Cubs fan, (don't tell anyone that's blasphemy in these parts) but because they get to be outside.

So far this spring I've had to work on all of the nice days and my days off and been crummy and rainy. It's not terrible because the days are getting longer so I do get to enjoy some sunshine. I have made a promise to myself that I will spend as much time as possible on the lake front. It's kinda funny for a little black girl I really enjoy the sun bathing. Oh well my chance will come. The neighborhood festivals are gearing up. The Grant Park festivals will start soon. Maybe I'll even go to Great America this year. Who knows. That's what personal days are for right?

Summer look out here I come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home