Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dinner with friends

Categpry: Friends
I just got home from a reall great evening. A friend of my boss (an acquiantance of mine) called work this afternoon and invited us to his house for dinner. He had decided to cook and wanted people over to enjo his efforts. Now I had been told of his cooking prowess and was quite excited to be included in the invite. I have to say that it was the light at the end of the tunnel for me today because the day just wasn't going as it should. I figured that even if the meal was average boy-fair it would still be a nice evening out with people that I enjoy spending time with.

Greg cooked a great meal and I helped myself to seconds. The meal was all about comfort food. There was braised steak, mashed potatoes and brusell sprouts. It reminded me of a Sunday dinner back home. The conversation was light and happy. We talked about everything, work, famil, friends, silliness. The wine flowed and the laughter bubbled out. It was definitly a great end to a not so great day.

As I was walking to the train from Greg's house I tried to figure out exactly what it was that made the evening so special. Was it the spontaneity of the evening? The laughter? The food? It was a culmination of all those things. It reminded me of home. It felt right. The one thing I've noticed about living in the city is how disconnected everyone seems from each other. I mean you have work friends and college friends and roommates, but it's so hard to make a connection with anyone. This evening was a connection. It was a step outside of the hectic day to day that we all experience. Especially people that live in cities. I was so reluctant to leave I wanted the feeling of connection to continue.

Tonight was a great evening and I really appreciate the invitation into Greg's home. It was nice to feel connected again even if it was for a few hours.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Van Lease said...

great posting related to dinner with friends because im crazy about my friends. first i well get together with each other and lot of fun after enjoyment i will serve a dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home